Two simple questions to start this week. Where did January go? and What will the new tablet/iSlate/iTouch from Apple be called when it’s announced today?
- In MAJOR news – Ferran Adria has announced, “No meals will be served in El Bulli in 2012 and 2013” This makes me sad, as I was hoping to visit, and even more so because he has said, “In 2014, we will serve food somehow. I don’t know if it will be for one guest or 1,000.”
- Looking for something different on Valentines Day, a friend sent me an email last week to announce he’s hosting Love is Freedom which he is billing as – A departure from the typical dinner date, the evening will entail a cooking lesson by an award winning chef who will help you and your guest prepare a sumptuous 4 course menu, wine pairings will be carried out for each course throughout the preparation, and after dessert there will be a chocolate tasting done by Kerstin’s chocolates.
- I’m not a big wine drinker, so it’s kind of funny that I stumbled across, Wine Apps for your phone.
- Holy burrito challenge Batman, “Local man attempts to eat only Chipotle burritos for a week straight”. The challenge’s Twitter page estimates that by the end of the week he will have consumed 23,940 calories.
- Probably more than you wanted to know about Twinkies, like “Originally, Twinkies were filled with banana cream, which I suppose explains why they chose to make them look as they do. During World War II however, bananas became scarce. Hostess then decided to switch to vanilla cream.”
- 14 strange food creations.
- With my recent sneak peek of the Art Gallery of Alberta, I was lucky enough to snap a few pictures from Zinc. So here is a look at the plating options.
- I don’t know where I saw this, but I had to save the picture for an update.
- And of course to finish things off, my No Reservations update. Tony was in Brittany, France covering a solid amount of land. From visiting the local farmer’s market with chef Olivier Roellinger to discovering what makes a Belon oyster, truly Belon. Oh and you can’t miss the pork scene, which had me craving rillettes like you wouldn’t believe. I do miss traveling. Who wants to sponsor a culinary tour? We can even make a show of it.