Another busy week in the world of Chris means I’ve barely had time to sit and relax. Let alone write about all my adventures. Hopefully I can fill you in on some delicious happenings.
- Today is Free Cookie Friday down at Luzzara. Just buy a drink ($3+) and mention Luzzara’s tweet, and you’ll get your choice of cookie. While you are eating your free cookie, just say Chris sent you!
- Jerry Aulenbach, Delux Burger Bars, November celebrity burger creator, is holding a launch party to showcase his creation. But it’s not all about him! With every “Double Bacon Foursquare Burger” sold in November (not just at the launch party) he will be donating $1 to the Royal LePage Shelter Foundation. The part goes down Friday, November 5 at 7:00pm.
- I’m sure many in the city will be rejoicing with the return of Pharos Pizza. I’d thought the recipes and history would have been lost the gorgeous brick walls of the Garneau building, but it appears I was wrong from the start; “James Leder purchased the name of the pizza place, and the recipes, from the previous owner some time ago, but couldn’t re-open the pizza joint until he had a kitchen organized“. It will be opening above The Haven Social Club at 15120A Stony Plain Road.
- If you love cheese, I suggest you make your way over to either the north or south location of the Italian Centre. They’ll be having a cheese party, I mean tasting this weekend and cutting into the largest wheel of Emmanthaler in the world. Should be quite the feat. *edit* Now with picture!
- Seems as if the Cora brand of restaurants isn’t just popular with hungry family’s, but also with the restaurateurs who enjoy the morning and midday schedule. Who wouldn’t love not having to depend on the late hours to get by!
- Mr. Mikes Steakhouse and Bar is launching a crazy Steak for Life contest where customers can enter to win one of 18 prizes of a steak entrée a week for 20 years – with Mr. Mikes giving away 18,720 steak entrées in total. The contest runs until November 14 and you can enter as many times as you’d like.
- I received some very positive news from Kevin about Smoky Valley Goat Cheese. As they work on more adventures, I think I can confirm they’ll be at Salisbury Farmer’s Market on Thursdays during the winter and Paddy’s Cheese as of today. Don’t forget about their CSA! I’m so happy things are working out.
- I stopped by Lux Steakhouse+Bar for their 5 year birthday celebration the other day. It was good to chat with friends, while sampling away on delicious oysters and other assorted seafood. It would have been a great place to spend the night, but I think that with Sarah and I so close in age, we didn’t exactly fit the cougar/creepy older man persona that filled the space. 🙂
- On the topic of birthday parties, local mustache legend Mr.J to the D, celebrated another year on Edmonton election night. It must be the biking that keeps him so slim, because I think I’d be 400 pounds with the cakes that Lindapoolza bakes in that homestead. An absolutely decadent chocolate mocha!