Hey everyone, how was your week? It’s just about Halloween!! Do you have your pumpkins carved? Your costume ready? Do tell, or better yet, send me a picture. I love this time of year.
- One week and counting until Jerry Aulenbach’s Deluxe Burger Party. I’m sure that Jerry would be absolute stoked to have you come down and celebrate. Check the facebook event page for more details.
- Also just one week away, is the Rocky Mountain Wine and Food Festival. From the press release; Think about the biggest liquor store you’ve ever shopped in…now, imagine that all the bottles are uncorked and flowing for sampling! At this year’s largest-ever Edmonton Grand Tasting Hall, attendees can choose from 175 wineries, 43 breweries, 16 scotch distilleries, and caseloads of different vodkas, tequilas, rums, liqueurs, coolers and whiskeys! Savour your sips while sampling gourmet mini-mains and sinful sweets being dished up by over 35 local restaurants and hotels. The Edmonton Rocky Mountain Wine & Food Festival will feature the largest Grand Tasting Hall on record, with an extensive menu sure to satisfy every palate! This year, attendees will have the opportunity to enhance their Festival experience and learn more about premium beverages by attending exclusive Wine & Spirit Tasting Seminars held on each evening.
- It looks like Marianne and Zed popped into the recently open Pourhouse Bier Bistro on Whyte. While the space, which was formerly Flavours Modern Bistro, looks good each time I walk by, the experience sounds a bit underwhelming. On another M&Z note, I was happy to hear their first crack at the turkey dinner turned out lovely!
- I love the adventures that Kelly has been finding herself in now that she lives in Japan, and this new seasonal Pepsi product just makes me smile.
- enRoute magazine announced Canada’s 10 best new restaurants. The list, has no Edmonton establishments but does have one just 3 hours south in Calgary; CHARCUT Roast House. I have a visit from last weekend in the queue, and can confirm this is one hell of restaurant.
- While I would have loved to sample my way through the Gold Medal Plates here in Edmonton, I’ll have to live vicariously through the event from people like Edmonton Journal writer, Liane Faulder. What a night. Congratulations Andrew Fung.
- The ever angry TV personality Chef Gordon Ramsey, is coming to Edmonton on November 13th. He’ll be signing at West Edmonton Mall, starting at 4PM. I’ve never been to a major book signing, but I find the rules somewhat limiting; Join us as Gordon Ramsay, top chef and star of award-winning television series The F Word, Kitchen Nightmares and Hell’s Kitchen, signs his new collection of recipes, Gordon Ramsay’s World Kitchen. Gordon Ramsay will only be signing World Kitchen – no memorabilia. Proof of purchase required from any Indigo, Chapters or Coles location.
- With all of the recent Cora openings in and around Edmonton, it was great to see the BTEdmonton crew interviewing the Chez Cora herself.
- While there is no real reason to mention Jerry, er..make that ZoomJer, twice in this weeks news. I thought I would give him props for the late-night muffin eating party that took place this week. Who says muffins are only for the daytime! Plus, I walked out with a loaf version of the treat. *In case your wonder, that is raspberry jam on the muffin.
- Sarah and I ended up catching an Edmonton Oilers game this past week as well. Our first of the year, we realized the last game we went too was almost one year to the day. Of course we lost…
- Sarah and I also hit up the Blue Plate Diner this week. As we hadn’t had a bite here since August, we figured it would be a great place to entertain some out of town guests. While it provided exactly what we needed; a warm space, ample room, good food, and a laid back environment, the red lights inside wrecked havoc on my photos. If only I’d set my WB, you wouldn’t have to look at a delicious veggie burger and stuffed pepper that look like this;
- And that’s all folks. Hope your Halloween is filled with delicious treats. Play safe, and wear your reflective tape.